Thursday, July 16, 2009

Shakira Spotted in Paris



Enjoying a relaxing stay in the City of Lights, Shakira and her boyfriend Antonio de la Rua were spotted going to a fitness center together while vacationing in Paris on Thursday (July 16).

Ready to release her first full-length English CD since 2005's "Oral Fixation Vol. 2.," the Colombian singer recently chatted with press about “She Wolf”.

The 32-year-old tells, "I think 'She Wolf' has a lot to do with the moment in which I feel I am. I feel much freer now as a woman, a little more in touch with my own desires, and I tend to listen to myself a little more. 'What does Shakira want?' Not what everybody else wants, but what do I really want? And I think that the song deep inside is about that."

Explaining that “She Wolf” is a bit of an alter ego, Shakira adds, “(It's) like a more animalistic side of you, a more primitive side ... an animal person in a way. So when you understand these things you forgive yourself every time you screw up, you say, 'It wasn't me, that was the she wolf ... that was the animal in me, that wasn't me, I have nothing to do with that.’”

No comments: