Saturday, February 18, 2012

Alicia Keys Sings "Send Me An Angel" at Whitney's Funeral


Offering her talents to the emotional tribute to beloved singer Whitney Houston, Alicia Keys was among the performers on-hand at New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, New Jersey on Saturday (February 18).

The 31-year-old sat at a piano in front of those gathered to pay their respects to the "I Will Always Love You" star while proceeding forth to offer up a rendition of "Send Me An Angel".

Just before delving into the song, Keys told the mourning friends and family members, “She’s an angel to us… and a beautiful human being."

Stevie Wonder also performed at Whitney's funeral while Aretha Franklin unfortunately had to cancel due to medical reasons, as she stated, “Regretfully, I am so sorry that I was unable to be with you at Whitney‘s service today. I had every intention of being there. But unfortunately I had terrible leg spasms and locked leg muscles until 4:00 a.m. this morning following my concert last night, which I’ve been having for the last few days. I feel it necessary and very important to stay off my leg today as much as possible until concert time this evening. My heart goes out to my dear friend Cissy, Dionne, Bobbi Kristina and the rest of the family. May God keep them all. – Aretha & the Franklin Family.”

No comments: