Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Justin Timberlake & Jimmy Fallon: GQ Showmen of the Year


They have an uncanny chemistry together so it’s no wonder Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon were named as GQ magazine’s Showmen of the Year.

The “Like I Love You” singer and the “Saturday Night Live” alum talked with the men’s magazine about their experiences in the world of entertainment.

Fallon explained, “There’s something so fun about taking that risk and doing live stuff. I think we both have that in our DNA. So we’re like, ‘Is this going to be good? I don’t know. But we’re about to go live in ten seconds.’”

Justin added, “I’ll probably get crucified for saying this, but the impetus behind a lot of comedy is: I’ve been rejected so many times and I’m bitter and now I’m going to talk about it. It’s almost as if The Social Network was a comedy. For me, being earnest and genuine is way easier than acting like you just don’t care, like you don’t want to be here, like this is a drag. There are just so many things in the world that are a drag. For me it’s like, ‘This is a f***ing wicked cool job!’”

As for what they admire about each other, Jimmy said, “Justin’s got style. I always think, ‘I could never pull that off, but Justin Timberlake can pull that off.’ Also, he works hard.”

“It’s not often that you meet people that are as genuinely nice as Jimmy, but he also has this unabashed joy. He’s so earnestly curious about what could be funny and what could be exciting,” said Justin.

No comments: