Monday, December 19, 2011

Nicki Minaj: "I Don't Need to Change for Anyone"


Bringing her unique ways overseas, Nicki Minaj lent her star power to the January 2012 issue of Glamour UK.

The 27-year-old "Super Bass" singer is profiled in a feature titled 'We Love Her Minajesty!,' which includes a fashionable spread of pictures shot by Frederike Helwig along with a brief writeup to go with a few quotes from Nicki.

Some of the highlights from Miss Minaj's feature are as follows. For more, be sure to check out Glamour UK!

On her tastes in fashion:
"Accessories really make an outfit. I just feel more made up with them on. I love booties. I feel more comfortable and sexier walking in them."

On the type of person she appreciates:
"I appreciate someone who knows what she wants, who sets realistic goals and achieves them."

On her attraction to bold color:
"I'm inspired by color. It does something for my attitude. It just makes me happier."

On her admiration for Marilyn Monroe:
"I've always adored Marilyn Monroe - mostly for her facial expressions in her pictures."

On being comfortable in her own skin:
"We all have insecurities, but you have to know you're beautiful. I'm comfortable in my skin, and I don't feel the need to change for anyone."

No comments: