Friday, January 27, 2012

Elizabeth Olsen Covers ASOS March 2012


She's seen her career make giant strides over the past twelve months, and Elizabeth Olsen was chosen to cover the March 2012 issue of ASOS magazine.

The 22-year-old actress posed for a delightfully artsy Todd Cole shot spread located in Brooklyn Botanic Garden while speaking with the publication about misconceived thoughts about her upbringing, openness to mainstream movies, and famous siblings, Mary-Kate and Ashley.

Highlights from Miss Olsen's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to check out ASOS!

On the special year she's experienced:
"It's been a whole year of firsts for everything. It's weird to look back on, but as it was all happening, it didn't feel like I was being put under the microscope. But it's so cool, [Sundance] suddenly puts you in a certain category with other actors, who you have always thought, 'Oh, I wish I could have done that part.' That's a whole new thing. I loved 'An Education,' or even Maggie Gyllenhaal in 'Secretary'. Those were movies that helped give an actor leeway into the world."

On people's misconstrued ideas about her childhood:
"People have a weird idea of my upbringing... I did lead a very charmed life growing up, but I was aware of the things that were abnormal. The only time I flew first-class as a kid was when my sisters did these cruises called 'Sail With The Stars'. They were the main event, so the company would fly us first-class. Other than that, never."

On if she can see herself doing something more mainstream:
"I would love to. I'm not trying to be different! I'd just rather do roles that are interesting to me. That will probably change when I have kids and a mortgage. But I had a teacher once, who is an actress, and she said, 'You can hate me or love me, as long as you have an opinion' and I think that's great/ Who wants to have their work just be passive or safe?"

On if she spends a lot of time with her sisters:
"Between their schedules and mine, it's not like we have tons of time to hang out. But when we do, it's so much fun. Mary-Kate and Ashley have celebrated my birthday with me every year since I've been in New York, my last four birthdays, and it's been so special."



No comments: