Thursday, October 6, 2011

Salma Hayek Talks Independence with Redbook


She’s a self-made woman, and Salma Hayek hasn’t traded in her independence just because she married a billionaire businessman.

Covering the November 2011 issue of Redbook, the “Desperado” actress explained, "I work hard, I make my own living and I love it. I like having financial independence. I don't ever want to have to depend on anyone completely. But when I have troubles sometimes, it's nice to have someone there to help."

Hayek also noted that she and hubby Francois-Henri Pinault are both into dressing each other up. "I like to play fashion with him, but I'm nobody's Barbie."

As for her career, Salma still maintains a wide range of roles despite being mother to a four-year-old. "I'm playing the queen of a drug cartel in an Oliver Stone film. He asked if I'd gone 'all soft' because I'm a mother. I said, 'Yes, but I can be the devil if I need to, because after all, I'm an actress.'"

No comments: