Monday, October 17, 2011

Taylor Swift Honored as NSAI s Songwriter/Artist of the Year


She's one of the most popular acts on the planet, and Taylor Swift was the belle of the ball at the 41st Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame induction ceremony in Nashville, Tennessee on Sunday night (October 16).

The "Mine" singer took to the Renaissance Hotel venue where she was toasted as NSAI’s songwriter/artist of the year for the fourth time in five years.

Also offering up a performance of Alan Jackson's "Where Were You," Taylor told the audience of 1,000 attendees upon accepting her trophy, “Just the fact that the people in this room were all standing up for me is just overwhelming. You all are all my heroes."

"Ever since then there's been thousands of times in my life where I've said to myself, 'Don't mess this up, don't mess this up, don't mess this up' — including right now," she added. "And I'm just going to keep going out there and trying not to mess this up."

Other honorees included Garth Brooks and Alan Jackson as songwriter/artist inductees while John Bettis, Thom Schuyler and Allen Shamblin were 2011’s songwriter inductees.

No comments: