Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tom Cruise Talks One Shot


Hes always up for a challenge, and Tom Cruise has landed the starring role of Jack Reacher in the upcoming thriller One Shot.

The Minority Report actor told press he was thrilled to score the gig, based on the novels by author Lee Child.

Tom explained, "Firstly, I'm very sensitive to it. This is Lee's book and Lee's character. Him giving me his blessing is what made me do it. If he hadn't then I wouldn't have done it."

Cruise continued, "Lee told me that the reason he wrote him that size (6'5") is because that was just one element to his character, and that opened the door to me playing him."

"Reacher is such a great character. He doesn't have a cell phone, he doesn't have email. He's off the grid. He pays for things in cash. People look at things through the prism of the colors of their life but Jack Reacher does things the way we want to sometimes. In that sense he's sort of Dirty Harry, a James Bond, a Josey Wales."

No comments: