Tuesday, September 27, 2011

50/50 Stars Glam Up NYC Premiere


It’s one of the most anticipated films of the fall season, and last night (September 26) “50/50” made its New York City Premiere.

Stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Anna Kendrick, and Seth Rogen all came out for the swanky shindig, ahead of the film’s September 30th release.

During a recent interview, Ms. Kendrick discussed her reasons for taking the role of the somewhat-incompetent therapist in the movie.

“I should say the role was offered to me over Christmas 2009. I then met with (director) Jonathan Levine, and I just got really excited about the character. At a certain point, I was confused because someone had told me my character was based on a real person and that my dad (in the movie) was a therapist, so I was just a therapist because I thought that I had to be one.”

“Then, I found out that wasn’t the case and we just got to build her from the ground up, which was great. I was mostly really excited about doing it because of Will Reiser’s writing, plus the kind of unexpected humor in really honest situations. It wasn’t a cancer movie with dark jokes about cancer. It was just a movie that showed things really honestly, particularly how things could be perversely funny in this situation.”

“I liked how vulnerable Katherine was: how thin her facade of confidence was, her kind of softness and vulnerability just at the edge of this confidence. That was really sweet and really exciting because I had just been promoting “Up In The Air,” where I played a really strong character. It was just exciting to play someone who was a little more lost, who was really sympathetic or empathetic, I suppose, and who just wanted to help people but was going about it in all the wrong ways.”

No comments: